Pre and Post Laparoscopy Advice
Your doctor may have advised you a Laparoscopic Surgery for your problems, in preparation for your surgery please follow the below-mentioned advice:
NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY:
- Please eat your meals by 8.00 PM and do not eat anything after that.
- Please remain calm and sleep early knowing that you are in safe hands.
MORNING OF SURGERY:
- Take your Anti Hypertensives (B.P Medication) and/or your Thyroid Medication at 7 am with a sip of water. Do not eat or drink anything after that.
- [Unless your Surgery is in the afternoon and the doctor has permitted you to eat or drink ]
- PLEASE TAKE A SCRUB BATH, AND HAIRWASH in the morning of your Surgery
- Please get admitted to the Hospital in the Time Slot given to you to avoid any ADMINISTRATIVE PROBLEMS.
AFTER YOUR SURGERY ON DISCHARGE:
- Please take your medications on time as per your advice on discharge.
- You can climb steps, Use Indian Toilet etc after Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Please be mobile and start your Daily Work immediately. Please Join Work Soon.
- Please do not worry about your PORT SITES.
- Eat a healthy and well Balanced Diet and Exercise Regularly.
- You can join the Gym/ Do Aerobics 1 week after your Surgery.
- DO NOT HAVE INTERCOURSE / GO SWIMMING for 2 months after your surgery.
- Collect your Reports and follow up with your Doctor 1 week after Surgery with Prior Appointment.